Intimate whitening is a beauty trend in which clients “lighten” the skin to create a lighter and more even skin tone.
This all-season, non-traumatic, comfortable cosmetic treatment is designed to lighten the skin for those who feel uncomfortable with their intimate body areas. This can be due to dark spots, hyperpigmentation and discolouration created by the concentration of melanocytes, or to the loss of youthfulness and tone. This skin whitening treatment is suitable for the anus, the skin around the anus, inner thighs & underarms.
The treatment is suitable for both light and dark skin types, typically a 2-3 shades lighter skin is achieved on those areas of hyperpigmentation. Your natural base skin tone will be maintained so you will achieve an amazing bright even skin that will blend in with the buttocks and other intimate areas.
Before the treatment…
To prepare the skin you will need to :
- Wax 5-7 days before (this time is needed for the skin to completely recover from waxing) or
- Shave 2-3 days before
- If you carry out laser hair removal on the areas to lighten, please wait at least 5-6 weeks before coming in for a treatment
…after the treatment
- If you carry out laser hair removal on the areas to lighten, please wait at least 5-6 weeks before completing a laser treatment
- You will peel (similar to a sunburn) around 5-7 days after your session, where the epidermis will be deeply exfoliated and the pigment will begin to remove itself
- To speed up and enhance the results it is very important to use the home care skin brightening lotion that you will receive after the treatment ONLY after peeling has stopped and the skin becomes less sensitive
Procedure Time: 60 mins
Treatment Cost: £275 per session / £770 for 3 sessions (recommended)
Often Booked With: Hollywood wax or Brazilian wax
Aftercare: No hot shower, no saunas, no exercise for at least 24-48 hours
Back To Work: Immediately
Frequency: If 3 sessions are booked, this should be done every 4 weeks or if you would like 1 session, it is suggested this is done every 4-6 months to maintain results
Intimate Whitening FAQ’s
- How is intimate whitening carried out? A serum-like solution is applied to the area(s) and left on for a few minutes to activate and then it is removed.
- Will it work? There is no guarantee with this treatment as results vary from person to person. There are also many factors that can contribute to how well the results are. Therefore, it is important to strictly follow the aftercare instructions given by the therapist.
- How many sessions will I need? This can depend upon how pigmented the area(s) is. Normally, we recommend medium to dark skin tone 3 sessions (this comes as a package), and caucasian tones only 1. It is easiest to have a free consultation with the therapist so you are able to get a better understanding of what would be suitable for you. Alternatively, you can complete your 1st session and let us know if you would like another 2 sessions (let us know within 4 weeks of your 1st session) and we can honour our package price.
- What body parts can I use intimate whitening for? Underarms, vagina (including labia), anal region, nipples and inner thighs. 1 session and a package 3 are priced for 1 area only, any additional areas will be £25 per area, per session.
- Will I Peel? Yes, expect peeling at least 2-7 days after receiving treatment, similar to a mild sunburn – this is completely normal. As stated above, the treatment results may vary, and there is a possibility you may not peel, which is also normal.
- Will I receive homecare? Yes. A purchase of 1 session will include a homecare product to take home and use. A purchase of the package of 3 will include a homecare product, only after the 1st session. If needed for further use, you can purchase the homecare separately for £85 (or £90 inc. postage)
- How do I use the aftercare? The homecare is provided to use to further absorb into the epidermis which continues the lightening process. This is to be used after the peeling process is completed or when the skin becomes less sensitive (if you do not peel). A thin layer should be applied to the area(s) once per day before bed.