Botox & Fillers
Botox & filler treatments brought to you by BTX London.
Our fully qualified Medical Doctor, Dr Raman carries out the most safest botox & filler treatments tailored to your needs.
Botox & Filler FAQ’s
- How does botox work? Botox works by relaxing the contraction of muscle thereby smoothing out the overlaying skin
- What results can I expect from botox? A fresher, more relaxed appearance with smoother, younger looking skin
- What areas of the face can I treat with botox? The most popular areas are the frown lines between the eyebrows, the forehead and crows feet. More recently, using botox to treat fine lines under the eyes, bunny lines on the nose, and also on the lower face and neck has become popular
- Is the botox treatment painful? It is virtually painless
- Is botox safe and are there any side effects? Botox has been used in medicine for over 30 years. It is used to treat a wide range of medical conditions as well as cosmetically. It is an extremely safe procedure. There may be some temporary redness, swelling or bruising around the area. A headache may occur after the treatment but this is temporary and very rare
- How do fillers work? Fillers are made of a naturally occurring substance called hyaluronic acid, which hydrates and plumps the skin by improving its ability to retain water. Over time, the body loses hyaluronic acid and the skin starts to sag and forms wrinkles and folds. Fillers replace the lost hyaluronic acid to restore volume and shape
- What results can I expect from fillers? The fillers are available in syringes and are gently injected into the areas of the face where they are needed. They deliver an instant lift replacing volume loss and giving a fuller more youthful appearance.
- How long do fillers last? Fillers are long lasting but not permanent. Typically lasting 6-12 months
- Is the fillers treatment painful? The latest fillers used by Dr Raman contain lidocaine local anaesthetic which reduces discomfort. You may feel a mild stinging sensation as the product is injected. This can be further reduced by the use of local anaesthetic cream prior to treatment.
- Are fillers safe? Dermal fillers are not a prescription only medication, the UK currently lacks any kind of regulation around who is injecting them. It is therefore vital that you go to a qualified medical professional to avoid possible side effects. In the right hands dermal fillers are very safe and effective. There may be some localised redness, tenderness, swelling and bruising but these tend to be very mild and temporary. As with all injections, there is a risk of infection, but this is very rare. More serious side effects and allergic-type reactions are extremely rare.
Appointed Staff: Anand Raman
Procedure Time: 15 – 30 mins
Treatment Cost: £180 – £300 (Botox), £225 – £300 (Fillers)
Often Booked With: N/A
Aftercare: Refrain from touching the area(s), heavy exercise for at least 24 hours and keep upright for at least 4 hours
Back To Work: Immediately
Frequency: 3 – 6 months (Botox) and 6 – 12 months (Fillers)